Sports City’s 19th Annual Holiday Cup Tournament
2014 Dates: December 26th-29th
Registration Deadline: December 17th
Compete for the Cup!
- One Day Tournaments
- 3 Games Guaranteed
- 1st and 2nd Place Prizes
|Friday, December 27th||U14 Girls Rec, U16 Boys Comp, U16 Girls Comp, Coed Open Rec, U10 Girls Comp|
|Saturday, December 28th||U12 Girls Comp, U12 Boys Comp, U10 Girls Rec, Men’s Open Comp, Men’s Open Comp, U8 Boys Comp|
|Sunday, December 29th||U12 Girls Rec, U14 Boys Comp, U8 Girls Rec, Coed Open Comp, Men’s Open Rec, U10 Boys Comp|
|Adult Team – Not Currently Registered at Sports City||$280.00|
|Adult Team – Currently Registered at Sports City||$250.00|
|U12-U16 Youth Team – Not Currently Registered at Sports City||$260.00|
|U12-U16 Youth Team – Currently Registered at Sports City||$230.00|
|U8-U10 Youth Team – Not Currently Registered at Sports City||$240.00|
|U8-U10 Youth Team – Currently Registered at Sports City||$210.00|
Rules & Regulations
- Payment must be paid in full (no deposit). Credit Card or Debit Card (Visa/MasterCard) only. Sports City does not accept cash or checks as payment.
- Teams will be accepted on a first come, first serve basis.
- Teams can be existing or put together just for the tournament.
- Sports City Membership is not required to play in the tournament.
- Non– members must sign a waiver before playing. Adults must present photo ID and youth must present birth certificate.
- Rosters are limited to 16 players. Must complete and submit to the office before the 1st game.
- Players cannot play on more than one team in a division.
- 3 game guarantee in ALL divisions (both youth and adult).
- U8-U10 Games: 28 minute games with a two minute half time.
- U12 through Adult Games: 32 minute games with a two minute half time.
- Tournaments will be held at either our Santa Rosa or Cotati location. Coaches will be notified in advance.
- Many variables go into aligning divisions. Your skill information, although important, does not guarantee the division that your team will be placed into.
- Sports City may combine divisions in order for the tournament to run. A Sports City rep. will be in contact if this is the case.
- Every effort will be made to create parity in a division. However, Sports City does not guarantee quality of play.
- Cancellation Policy: Full refund (less a $25 administrative fee) up to 8 days prior to the tournament.
- No refund if canceling within 7 days of the tournament.
- Win = 6 points
- Tie = 3 point
- Loss = 0 points
- Shut-out = +1 point
- 7 points is the maximum points you can score per game.
- -1 point for a red card (any combination of penalties that result in an ejection)
- -1 point for unsportsmanlike conduct or running up the score (10 goal differential). Men’s Open division is excluded from this rule.
Single-Elimination Game Rule Modifications
- 5-minute overtime period in case of a tie after regulation.
- “Golden Goal” rule will be applied (1st to score wins)
- Penalty kick competition in case of a tie after overtime.
- Series of 3 shots per team.
- Sudden death (1 shot) in case of a tie after penalty series (if still tied after 1 shot, shooting continues with new shooter until winner is determined)