Sports City’s 22nd Annual Holiday Cup Tournament
Tournament Dates: December 26-30, 2017
Registration Deadline: December 18, 2017
Compete for the Cup!
- One Day Tournaments
- 3 Games Guaranteed
- 1st and 2nd Place Prizes
|Tuesday, December 26||Women’s Open Competitive (tournament will run approximately 5:30-11:30pm)
Women’s Open Recreational (tournament will run approximately 5:30-11:30pm)
|Wednesday, December 27||U12 Girls Recreational
U14 Girls Recreational
U16 Girls Competitive (all tournaments will run approximately 4:30-10:00pm)
|Thursday, December 28||U12 Boys Competitive (tournament will run approximately 4:30-10:00pm)
U14 Boys Competitive (tournament will run approximately 4:30-10:00pm)
U16 Boys Competitive tournament (will run approximately 4:30-10:00pm)
U10 Girls Recreational (tournament will run approximately 4:30-9:30pm)
|Friday, December 29||Coed Open Competitive (tournament will run approximately 5:00pm-12:00am)
U9 Boys Competitive (tournament will run approximately 4:30-9:30pm)
|Saturday, December 30||Men’s Open Competitive (tournament will run approximately 3:00pm-10:45pm)
U10 Boys Competitive (tournament will run approximately 9:30am-2:30pm)
Coed Open Recreational (tournament will run approximately 10am-2:45pm)
*Most tournaments will run at Epicenter and some will run at Cotati. This will depend on number of teams registered in any given league on each specific day. Tournament times are an estimation only and will be adjusted depending on the number of registered teams, etc.
|Classification||Cost for Teams Currently Registered in Winter #1 Session||Cost for Teams Not Currently Registered|
|U9 – U10||$240.00||$265.00|
|U11 – Adult||$285.00||$315.00|
Rules & Regulations
- Payment must be paid in full (no deposit). Credit Card or Debit Card (Visa/MasterCard) only. Sports City does not accept cash or checks as payment.
- Teams will be accepted on a first come, first serve basis.
- Teams can be existing or put together just for the tournament.
- Sports City Membership is not required to play in the tournament.
- Non– members must sign a waiver before playing. Adults must present photo ID and youth must present birth certificate.
- Rosters are limited to 16 players. Must complete and submit to the office before the 1st game.
- Players cannot play on more than one team in a division.
- 3 game guarantee in ALL divisions (both youth and adult).
- U8-U10 Games: 28 minute games with a two minute half time.
- U12 through Adult Games: 32 minute games with a two minute half time.
- Tournaments will be held at either our Santa Rosa or Cotati location. Coaches will be notified in advance.
- Many variables go into aligning divisions. Your skill information, although important, does not guarantee the division that your team will be placed into.
- Sports City may combine divisions in order for the tournament to run. A Sports City rep. will be in contact if this is the case.
- Every effort will be made to create parity in a division. However, Sports City does not guarantee quality of play.
- Cancellation Policy: Full refund (less a $25 administrative fee) up to 8 days prior to the tournament.
- No refund if canceling within 7 days of the tournament.
- Win = 3 points
- Tie = 1 point
- Loss = 0 points
- Shut-out = +1 point
- 4 points is the maximum points you can score per game.
- -1 point for a red card (any combination of penalties that result in an ejection)
- Tiebreakers for point standings (non-playoff games):
- Head to head record during tournament
- Comparison of least goals against for whole tournament
- Comparison of goal differential for whole tournament
- Coin Toss
Single-Elimination Game Rule Modifications
- 5-minute overtime period in case of a tie after regulation.
- “Golden Goal” rule will be applied (1st to score wins)
- Penalty kick competition in case of a tie after overtime.
- Series of 3 shots per team.
- Sudden death (1 shot) in case of a tie after penalty series (if still tied after 1 shot, shooting continues with new shooter until winner is determined)