Sports City’s 21st Annual Holiday Cup Tournament
Tournament Dates: December TBD
Registration Deadline: December TBD
Compete for the Cup!
- One Day Tournaments
- 3 Games Guaranteed
- 1st and 2nd Place Prizes
|Monday, December TBD||Men’s Open Competitive (tournament will run approximately 5:00pm-12:00am)
*Finals may run Tuesday, December 27 in the evening, depending on number of teams registered
|Tuesday, December TBD||Women’s Over 30 Intermediate (tournament will run approximately 5:30pm – 11:30pm)
U10 Boys Rec Arena 3 (tournament will run approximately 4:30pm – 9:30pm)
|Wednesday, December TBD||Coed Open Intermediate (tournament will run approximately 5:00pm – 12:00am)
Women’s Open Competitive (tournament will run approximately 5:00pm – 12:00am)
U9 Boys Competitive Arena 3 (tournament will run approximately 4:30pm – 9:30pm)
|Thursday, December TBD||Men’s Open Intermediate (tournament will run approximately 5:00pm – 12:00am)
U10 Girls Competitive Arena 3 (tournament will run approximately 4:30pm – 9:30pm)
U14 Girls Recreational (tournament will run approximately 4:30pm – 10:00pm)
|Friday, December TBD||Coed Open Competitive (tournament will run approximately 5:00pm-12:00am)
Men’s Over 30 Competitive (tournament will run approximately 5:30pm – 11:00pm)
|Saturday, December TBD||U10 Boys Competitive Arena 3 (tournament will run approximately 9:30am-2:30pm)
U12 Girls Recreational (tournament will run approximately 8:30am-4:30pm)
U12 Boys Competitive (tournament will run approximately 8:30am-4:30pm)
U14 Boys Competitive (tournament will run approximately 8:30am-4:30pm)
*Most tournaments will run at Epicenter and some will run at Cotati. This will depend on number of teams registered in any given league on each specific day.
|Classification||Cost for Teams Currently Registered in Winter #1 Session||Cost for Teams Not Currently Registered|
|U9 – U10||$240.00||$265.00|
|U11 – Adult||$285.00||$315.00|
Rules & Regulations
- Payment must be paid in full (no deposit). Credit Card or Debit Card (Visa/MasterCard) only. Sports City does not accept cash or checks as payment.
- Teams will be accepted on a first come, first serve basis.
- Teams can be existing or put together just for the tournament.
- Sports City Membership is not required to play in the tournament.
- Non– members must sign a waiver before playing. Adults must present photo ID and youth must present birth certificate.
- Rosters are limited to 16 players. Must complete and submit to the office before the 1st game.
- Players cannot play on more than one team in a division.
- 3 game guarantee in ALL divisions (both youth and adult).
- U8-U10 Games: 28 minute games with a two minute half time.
- U12 through Adult Games: 32 minute games with a two minute half time.
- Tournaments will be held at either our Santa Rosa or Cotati location. Coaches will be notified in advance.
- Many variables go into aligning divisions. Your skill information, although important, does not guarantee the division that your team will be placed into.
- Sports City may combine divisions in order for the tournament to run. A Sports City rep. will be in contact if this is the case.
- Every effort will be made to create parity in a division. However, Sports City does not guarantee quality of play.
- Cancellation Policy: Full refund (less a $25 administrative fee) up to 8 days prior to the tournament.
- No refund if canceling within 7 days of the tournament.
- Win = 3 points
- Tie = 1 point
- Loss = 0 points
- Shut-out = +1 point
- 7 points is the maximum points you can score per game.
- -1 point for a red card (any combination of penalties that result in an ejection)
- Tiebreakers for point standings (non-playoff games):
- 1. Head to head record during tournament
- 2. Comparison of least goals against for whole tournament
- 3. Comparison of goal differential for whole tournament
- 4. Coin Toss
Single-Elimination Game Rule Modifications
- 5-minute overtime period in case of a tie after regulation.
- “Golden Goal” rule will be applied (1st to score wins)
- Penalty kick competition in case of a tie after overtime.
- Series of 3 shots per team.
- Sudden death (1 shot) in case of a tie after penalty series (if still tied after 1 shot, shooting continues with new shooter until winner is determined)