Fall 2019 Session
September 5 – October 24
Epic Athletes is a program that brings children and adults with cognitive and/or physical disabilities off the sidelines and into the game. Epic Athletes promotes personal development in a fun soccer environment designed to improve social skills and overall fitness. Epic Athletes is different from typical soccer as it does not match players by age, but by their cognitive ability and skill. The program is for ages 4 years old to adults. The unique design of our program allows players to achieve personal success using Buddies, who translate each session to the level and ability of their players, allowing them to succeed.
- Non-competitive environment to maximize learning
- Games and activities adapted for each child
- All children can be players, regardless of their ability
- Safe and healthy environment
- Improve self-esteem, social skills and fitness
- A local support network and soccer community for children and their families
4:45PM or 5:45PM (50 min classes)
3215 Coffey Lane, Santa Rosa
Each participant will be placed into one of three groups (listed below) according to the parent assessment form filled out prior to the start of the session and parent interviews. Considerations that will be noted during these classes and placement changes could be made depending on: Age, cognitive ability (social, flexibility, working within a group), following directions (1-3 step directions), personal relations and behavioral observations.
Group 1. Kangaroos
Kangaroos are working on understanding 1-3 step directions, working in a group structure, developing gross motor skills and basic dribbling and passing skills. Players will require 1:1 assistance from a buddy to translate activities.
Group 2. Polar Bears
Polar bears will have an understanding of the Kangaroo concepts and be able to build off those concepts. Polar bears will work on developing basic soccer skills: dribbling, passing, trapping, and shooting. Players will continue working on gross motor skills and participating in a group atmosphere. Players may require assistance from buddy in a 2:1 or 1:1 ratio to help translate games and activities.
Group 3. Panthers
Panthers are able to work with limited assistance from the buddy. Most Panthers will work in a 2:1 or 3:1 player to buddy ratio. They will be working on dribbling, passing, trapping, and shooting. They will also will be building soccer language and concepts while participating in a team atmosphere. Players will also participate in a scrimmage most classes. Players will be able to translate soccer directions with little assistance or directional help from buddies.
- All players must to be able to participate (either with the group or parallel the activity) for 70% of all activities.
- No player will physically harm a participant, buddy or coach during activities. This includes; hitting, biting, spitting, kicking or threatening.
- All players participating are subjected to these guidelines. Further participation in the class may be terminated if any of these guidelines are broken.
How to Register:
- Click here to login or create your DASH account.
- Once entering your email address and personal information, log into your email and click the email confirmation link.
- Accept the Sports City waiver by checking the box, entering your password, and your initials.
- At this point you will see your DASH dashboard.
- Click on “Register” located on the left-hand column.
- Select “classes”.
- Select or add the child that you are registering.
- Under “Location” be sure and select, “Santa Rosa”.
- Select, “Register” for the appropriate class listed in the search results.
- Select yes or no for medical information and click “continue”.
- This will bring up a shopping cart, proceed to checkout. (This should be a $0.00 transaction)
- Registration is not complete until you fill out the parent assessment form by using the button below.