Youth Game Day and Schedule
|Age Group||Field & Location||Game Day|
|U6 Coed||Santa Rosa Field #2||All Leagues: Saturday (Primary), Tuesday (Secondary)|
|U8, U10||SR Field #2||Girls Leagues: Sat, Mon, Tues, Wed
Boys Leagues; Sun, Tues, Wed, Thurs, Fri
|U12, U14, U16||SR Field #1 &
Cotati Field #3
|Girls Leagues: Sat, Mon, Tues, Wed
Boys Leagues: Sun, Wed, Thurs, Fri
|U19 Girls||SR Field #1 &
Cotati Field #3
|Saturday, Sunday, Thursday|
NOTE: First game times are posted online and e-mailed 5 days prior to the league starting. Complete schedules are posted online the week the league/division begins.
Last update: August 2012
Whenever possible divisions are assigned based on single year age groups. Age groups are based on the birth year matrix for 2012-2013 youth outdoor league (matrix expires after Summer Session 2013):
To qualify for any age group the player’s birth date must fall between the ranges listed below. Sports City allows players up to 3 years younger than the age group to play in a division.
U6 players must be at least 4 years of age, no younger.
U19 players can be as young as 15 years of age.
If players are found to be too old or too young for any given age group they will be dropped from the roster and will not be allowed to play. It is the coach’s responsibility to ensure that all players are eligible to play for the age group.
2012-2013 Age Matrix
|U6||August 1st 2006 through July 31st 2007 or younger|
|U8||August 1st 2004 through July 31st 2005 or younger|
|U10||August 1st 2002 through July 31st 2003 or younger|
|U12||August 1st 2000 through July 31st 2001 or younger|
|U14||August 1st 1998 through July 31st 1999 or younger|
|U16||August 1st 1996 through July 31st 1997 or younger|
|U19||August 1st 1993 through July 31st 1994 or younger|
YOUTH AGE GROUPS AVAILABLE
- U6 Coed
- U8-U19 age groups for boys & girls
3 DIVISIONS TO CHOOSE FROM
- Division 1: Competitive (Class 1 or A level outdoor)
- Division 2: Intermediate (Class 3 or B level outdoor)
- Division 3: Recreational (Class 4 or C level outdoor)
Division Guide: A lower division team may not field more than three (3) players from
a higher skill level. Sports City will determine if a player is too advanced for a league and reserves the right to drop players from the team and forfeit games if necessary. Teams are allowed to play up one age group and down one division for each age group they are playing above their current age group.
U19 COED INFORMATION
Division 2: Varsity/JV (Fast paced & competitive for the players with soccer experience).
Division 3: Recreational (Exciting & recreational for the entire student body. No previous experience needed. Come, play and have fun!)
*Please note: Sports City generally runs one U19 Coed mixed league. If enough teams register, we will offer several divisions.
U19 COED RULES & REGULATIONS:
- 7 players on the field ( six field players plus a goal keeper ).
- A maximum of 3 male field players can be on the field at one time (the goalkeeper can be a male or female but playing a female in the goal doesn’t allow for a extra male to play on the field).
- At least one female must be on the field at all times or game will result in a forfeit.
- All players must be registered High School students between the ages of 14 – 18. Must provide HS ID upon request.