Sports City is entering its fourth year as a partner with the Redwood Empire Food Bank’s annual Winter Food & Funds Drive. In Sonoma County alone, 78,000 people struggle with hunger on a daily basis. Please join us in helping those in need through difficult times.
Did you know?
- Children who struggle with hunger are sick more often, recover more slowly, and are more likely to be hospitalized.
- Children who face hunger are more susceptible to obesity and its harmful health consequences as children and adults.
- Undernourished children 0-3 years of age cannot learn as much, as fast or as well.
- Lack of enough nutritious food impairs a child’s ability to concentrate and perform well in school.
- Children who regularly do not get enough nutritious food to eat have significantly higher levels of behavioral, emotional and academic problems and be more aggressive and anxious.
- Teens who regularly do not get enough to eat are more likely to be suspended from school and have difficulty getting along with other kids.
In Sonoma County alone…
When you donate to the Redwood Empire Food Bank, you are making a difference in the lives of real people in your community.
- 96.5% of every dollar donated provides direct emergency food assistance to your neighbors.
- Every $1 donated provides TWO MEALS for people in need.
Where to donate?
We have donation barrels located in both our Santa Rosa and Cotati facilities. Please bring a non-perishable item to donate during your next visit.
For your convenience, we have included a list of items in great demand below:
- Canned tuna and chicken
- Beans and rice
- Canned soups
- Canned fruits
- Boxed and canned juices
- Peanut butter
- Canned stews
- Canned vegetables
- Breakfast cereal