The GOALS Foundation is a non-profit 501(c)(3) charitable organization that strives to afford opportunities to help our local youth create, develop and focus on positive life goals that include sports, health and fitness, educational, family and career goals in order to prevent at-risk behavior and activities in the future.
Kids who have goals and participate in well designed after-school and weekend sports programs are less likely to be overweight, suffer from chronic health conditions like asthma and diabetes and drop out of school. These programs and positive character traits being instilled in our children help them to make better decisions and they are more likely to reject drugs, alcohol, criminal and gang activity.
Our mission is to help create character, confidence, integrity, motivation, desire and belief in our young people by exposing them to the atmosphere and camaraderie of sports and fitness, regardless of limited physical, mental or financial abilities so they may reach their life potential. We aim to work in collaboration with the entire community, with our schools, cities and county, businesses, parents, sports and other non-profit organizations.
Top Four Goals
- Fitness and Athletic Goals: Promote the importance of physical activity. Our goal is to help motivate children to participate in 90 minutes of sports and fitness activities at least three days a week to ensure they receive the recommended exercise they need. The GOALS Foundation believes that every young person deserves the chance to participate in youth sports and gain the many benefits that supervised athletic programs provide; mental and physical well-being, confidence and self esteem, ethical character and good sportsmanship are qualities that last a lifetime.
- Health Goals: Provide children and parents with guidance on nutrition and ways to stay active and healthy to help combat rising childhood obesity rates. Our goal is to promote the importance of healthy living. We strive to help kids to develop and foster personal goal setting and motivational habits with a special emphasis on fitness for life. Our staff delivers relevant educational activities where participants are taught the basics of nutrition, the importance of making healthy lifestyle choices and the importance of maintaining healthy eating and fitness habits.
- Social Goals: Provide facilities, programs, motivation and a positive environment. Our goal is to get our children to play together, make new friends and learn about the importance of teamwork and cooperation in a fun and safe environment. We work to guide at-risk children away from negative influences such as gangs and criminal behavior during the pivotal 2pm-6pm after school hours.
- Educational and Career Goals: To engage children in academic activities with the goal of increasing educational attainment. Our goal is to assist children and young adults to create educational and career goals that will help them develop more long-term opportunities for themselves and their families by staying in school and focusing on life skills that will help them pursue and accomplish their dreams.
Mentorship: Each site is staffed by caring coaches who serve as mentors that are invested in the successful development of each child. Mentors stress the importance of doing well in school and avoiding negative influences such as drugs, alcohol, and violence. We also encourage and in some programs, make it mandatory for our children and young adults to give back with big brother and coaching mentor programs where they become the role model for other children.
Family Engagement:The GOALS Foundation Soccer strives to turn parents and family members into advocates who reinforce the program’s teachings by applying them in their homes. We teach our youth and their parents the dangers and the results of unhealthy eating habits, lack of physical fitness, alcohol and drug abuse and criminal behavior.
Family members are provided with information on nutrition, health, and public services that will aide them in their pursuit of a healthier lifestyle.
Our emphasis is on making positive and healthy choices earlier in life…
Healthy activities begin on the field but live in every portion of our lives….
Get ready to be inspired!
BUILDING A BETTER COMMUNITY
A First-Class Sports Facility with a Mission
Our goal is to build a better community by delivering inclusive, first-class sports, health and social facilities that inspire, encourage and empower our youth and their families through participation in sports, fitness, education and social activities. The GOALS Foundation believes that we can make a difference in our community. Our outreach ensures that all youth in our community are provided the opportunity to participate in quality leagues, programs and activities – regardless of social or economic background. With donations of money, equipment, field time and program participation, we aim to reach children who might otherwise never have the chance to take part in the “world’s game” of soccer and other sports, fitness, educational and social activities.
IMAGINE A PLACE WHERE…
- Youth and young adults are welcome and equal regardless of race, social background or ability.
- Youth and young adults can learn in a safe and engaging environment that provides an alternative to high-risk behavior during the pivotal after school hours.
- Youth and young adults are met with enthusiasm on and off the field while they learn skills that help prepare them for a lifetime of success.
EMPOWERING AND INSPIRING OUR YOUTH…
ONE GOAL AT A TIME!